- Attend the next Board of Education meeting on January 9, 2018:
Starts at 6:30 pm. It is very important that as many parents as possible attend. Also, it will be very powerful if 2-3 parents speak to the Board of Education during that meeting (people willing to speak must arrive at 6 pm and fill out a card). Even if you don’t plan to speak, arriving early at 6 pm also helps ensure you have a seat in the boardroom and that we have as many people visible as possible. It’s important that parents are united to send a strong message to the district leadership.
- Some key questions you can ask at the board meeting are:
- What is the plan to continue the bilingual education program after third grade?
- How will middle school and high school students continue to receive support in order to obtain the seal of biliteracy?
- What is the reason for mandating PARCC administration in English, even for students currently in the bilingual education program?